WF7510 and Papilio vinyl

TonZaga

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF7510
I just recently bought a WF7510 to start doing full color decals/stickers to go along with our oracal vinyl decals. I purchased Papilio waterproof printable vinyl and got my first 200 sticker order. I had the logo in Photoshop CS4 with Adobe RGB 1998 profile. I would like to merge the file into Silhouette Studios to print and contour cut. Either way, I can't seem to get the printer to match colors in PS or SS. They are extremely darker and dull. The stickers are a suicide survivor ribbon in a vivid purple and teal but they almost print out dark brown and deep forest green. Anyone else have insight on how to fix this? I have a lot of potential business and I want to be able to print exactly what I see on the screen for my customer's.

TonZaga

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF7510
Forgot to mention that I'm using a pigment CIS from Cobra Ink not the OEM Epson inks

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I sympathise with you completely because there are something’s in life that seem to defy all logical answers for no apparent reason.

One of the possibilities could be that you are using RGB colour in one Application and CYMK in the other and if that is the case then you’ll never them to match or print properly.

The only suggestion I could make is if you can’t resolve this problem easily, would be to alter the logo colours in Photo Shop first before merging into Silhouette and then make sure that both application are using the same colour spec.

TonZaga

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF7510
Well Silhouette Studios prints with the paper settings and quality that I have defaulted and the printer is set to No Color Adjustment so I would think it would print whatever I saved the picture to in Photoshop but it's not the case

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
8560, 8570, 1400, 1500W, P50 e
All what I gather on information is that you really need to create custom paper profile, or in this matter custom vinly profiles for your designated printing.

TonZaga

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF7510
Any tips on how to go about making a custom color profile?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
would be to alter the logo colours in Photo Shop first before merging into Silhouette
The problem is more than lightly the customers logo itself, check it’s properties in Photo shop and see if it was made up originally as RGB or CYMK, that is usually the reason most company logo’s don’t print correctly, they were probably made up for use in commercial printing only.

It’s not a matter of how you saved it that counts you’ll need to convert it yourself before saving, the logo probably has its own colours imbedded, and you may even need permission to change them ! (Hope not)