Watermark/Invisible Ink. Where can I get it?

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
I'm still seeing it and I'm waiting for the splash :D

7105_images-1.jpeg

Simon R.

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
OutOFtheinkwell said:
Why not just type (Invisible ink) into Google? I just did and all sorts of sources pop up, including suggestions like how to use lemon juice to make invisible ink! Also pens for sale loaded with invisible ink, and/or the inks themselves!
When I was young, there was something about lemon juice and a lighter, but can't quite remember how it goes... :)

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
As a kid I have also played with invisible ink. Ordinary household vinegar works well as an invisible ink. You develop the secret document by ironing it with an iron set to high temperature or "cotton" setting. The acid in the vinegar or lemon juice changes the paper, so it is more easily scorched, so your developed secret writing will appear brown.

If you have a printer using cartridges with built in printheads, you could try opening the cartridge and washing the ink out of the sponge and refill the cartridge with vinegar. But I doubt the cartridge will work. See this: http://www.ehow.com/how_4464754_make-invisible-ink-printer-cartridges.html . You could also use fluorescent ink: http://www.uvstuff.com/en/5-invisible-ink-for-inkjet-printers

Don't try this with a printer using separate ink tanks. The vinegar might ruin your expensive printhead.

True watermarks are made during paper manufacture. I don't think they can be printed, no matter what kind of ink you use.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
When youre using invisible inks in your printer,
How would you know if you got a clogged print head..:idunno

nerdful1

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I dropped Spot remover on my dog, and he disappeared...

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Unfortunately you can't :D

SpecialInks

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Sherbet Helix said:
I'm looking for 'watermark' and or invisible ink. That only shows up when held to a light source. For example say I printed trees on a white sheet of paper, and when I held said image up to a light source, a sun would appear, or an image that was otherwise invisible. I've looked around and also herd things about photo emulsion (have no idea how this relates to watermarks), screenprinting, and stamps with regards to watermarks. Any and all help/suggestions appreciated.
You can find this ink on Securetechink.com
here is a video demonstration youtube.com/watch?v=91fVqI_SrCg
Its what you are looking for, can only be seen in UV light.