waste ink reset interval

johnwarfin

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
websnail said:
You can use the utility to keep an eye on the percentage though as there's a "check" function that queries the counter.
Apparently this is not the case. I just activated and ran EPIPR_PMDASH_NA.EXE. It is a very simple program that resets the counter if needed but no status or menus.

jackson

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Epson aside (I did specify Canon) I have mopped up spilled ink with a paper towel and tossed it in the round file - come time to take out the trash the towel is dry ( still pretty colours though).

johnwarfin

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The ink from my Canon MX860 does not dry in a paper towel. It looks dry but even a week later will stain your hands if picked up. I suspect there is no huge difference in that respect among various brands.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
johnwarfin said:
websnail said:
You can use the utility to keep an eye on the percentage though as there's a "check" function that queries the counter.
Apparently this is not the case. I just activated and ran EPIPR_PMDASH_NA.EXE. It is a very simple program that resets the counter if needed but no status or menus.
Sorry, my mistake.. the Epson IPR utility is not the same as an adjustment utility and I totally forgot that's what you would be using.

You might be able to use the CX7300 utility (link) but I'd make sure you scan it in advance and I can't promise it will work but it may be worth a try.

johnwarfin

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Message says "This program cannot be used!!!". Oh well... at least I have 7-zip runnung on my PC now. :)

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
johnwarfin said:
Message says "This program cannot be used!!!". Oh well... at least I have 7-zip runnung on my PC now. :)
If you're using Vista you need to set it to use WinXP compatibility mode
Ref: http://www.wasteink.co.uk/?s=vista

You'll probably need to have changed the date on your PC to make it work too...

johnwarfin

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I'm using XP and changing the date to Nov 30 2008 (bat files says 30-01-08 which is nonsense in this country) gives same error. Probably not worth pursuing as it may not work with 7400 anyway.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
johnwarfin said:
I'm using XP and changing the date to Nov 30 2008 (bat files says 30-01-08 which is nonsense in this country) gives same error.
That date would be 30th January 2008...

Probably not worth pursuing as it may not work with 7400 anyway.
Yeah... to be honest it's a minor point... You'll hit the service required after a lot of use, and then reset easily enough so it's a non-critical item really.

johnwarfin

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Still no go w/Jan 30 2008. Must require 7300.

And you are right about not needing this. It's just that I get a huge kick out of screwing around with these refill kits. I don't even do that much printing myslef. :) In any case thanks for solving my problem.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
You're welcome...

I honestly have no idea what you get out of tinkering though... You'd never catch me doing anything like that... *cough*... *whistles* ;)