Wanna buy some empty ink cartridges?

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Check out eBay item number 300085720484.

I don't think you'll have any competition.

canonfodder

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I did not answer before, but I had gone to the eBay item.

Good Grief!

He must have visited all the dumps in California to gather those up.
He also imagined that he would get rich on this one sale, huh?
No one bid and the sale flopped. Not surprising.

I want some empty CLI-8 carts but I won't be calling him.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
But did you read his text? He wants to sell that many every month!

He must think that Staples is still offering a $3 coupon for all used cartridges, not just HP, Lexmark and Dell.

canonfodder

Printer Guru
Reaction score
That low feedback score only represents 1 negative comment out of a total of 6 feedbacks, and that person filed negative on a used all-in-one printer, etc. and they felt that not all the little pieces were there.

I have been on eBay for several years now, but I don't know if they are imposing any rules concerning the large price of a sale that is not protected by using PayPal. That seller would only accept cashier's check or money order. That is a good setup for fraud. After all, he wanted $6000 for his big lot of empties. And no Paypal? I don't really think that this was a fraud in the making, but I would never send that much money in a check or money order to anyone, not even my Mother!

AN EBAY SHORT STORY:
I fell for one fraudulent eBay sale some years ago, and it was a sale done with the requirement of cashier's check or money order and NO PayPal. There were about 12 of us that all got caught up in this fraud concerning the supposed sale of some valuable Baseball Cards. There were high quality sale posts with good text and photos, but the cards didn't even exist.

I didn't have many dollars into the sale, but there was a total of about $5000 amongst the defrauded buyers.

I was really mad at the guy, (and my lack of caution). He thought he managed to "disappear" and hide his true identity, so I put on my detective hat and after about 4 months, with really great help from a State Police Detective over in New York State, we had him, had him arrested, and in court. Because it was the first time he had been caught, the court made a deal for full restitution and an extended probation.

So I got my money back. Since I had stored all the defrauded buyer's eBay I.D.s, we were able to contact them through the court and get their money sent to them.

No, I didn't have to appear, so I never saw the guy. eBay and the U.S. Postal System were no help at all. I filed papers with both and got no answers. :(

MORAL: DON'T FOOL WITH THE CANONFODDER !

on30trainman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Actually I see two negative FBs, but no matter. Yes, I also got caught in a fraud with no Paypal. It was for some DVDs. Seller wanted money orders. Didn't notice the No Paypal until after I bid - unfortunately I won. Many of us were taken - each for just a few dollars (mine was less than $10) - total sales were a few hundred. Funny thing was they would answer e-mails, always with excuses. Seller was in Shreveport, LA and claimed to have been affected by Katrina - not them directly, but relatives. E-Bay wasn't of any help other than unregistering the seller. Thought about getting the USPS involved, but decided it was more bother than worth. Also it was interesting how many people posted positive FB right after they paid, then added negative comments when no DVDs showed up weeks later - but they couldn't change the + FB.
Good job on your results. I have perservered in other transactions (non E-Bay) with some good results, but the stakes were higher.

Steve W.