very weird problem with IP4200 - help!!!

roymesi

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a new IP4200 canon printer, which works so-so. I have a very weird problem.

when it prints a page, it's printing only the top few lines of the page and then draw the page forward, as if it has finished printing. The same goes for CD printing. it prints only half of the cd and then push the cd out.

The weird part is if I uninstall - and then reinstall the printer software, it seems to work okay, but after a while it returns to this situation...

It's allmost brand new and it was like this from day 14...

Does anyone encountered such problem with IP4200? I've searched in Google but couldn't fine anything similar. I'm so frustrated.

help...!

Roy

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
That's an unusual problem, all right...sounds like a "system" error. Have you called Tech support yet? In any case, you are still under warranty.
Please postyour solution when you track it down.

Good Luck!

AlienSteve

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP 3000CP Epson 1280 4800 7600
How much free space on your hard drive? When was the last time you defragmented? I've seen and heard of these problems when free space is running out, and Windows can only use unbroken space for it's swap files. So 2Gig free space is -not- 2Gig useable free space, as it is always broken up by a few files. The longer you go between defragmenting, the less useable free space for the Swap file.

I suggest defragmenting at least once a week. I run Diskeeper (correct spelling) which automatically defragments. I set mine to defrag my drives every night and a -lot- of problems have simply gone away.

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
roymesi, can you post your system details?

Your Windows version (and service pack if installed), your motherboard model, USB card specification (if you use a USB card) and any additional drivers you use (for example, you might be using a fax driver).