Vacuum Filling CanonPIXMA iP 6000D

arnie920

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
What are my choices in vacuum filling the BCI cartridges??:( I have found that after a few filling the regular way, that air builds up in the foam and the cartridge ceases to print. My daughter and I both have the same printer so I have been refilling both.:D I guess it would be just as easy to buy new cartridges but I enjoy the personal satisfaction of filling my own.:cool:
Any web sights or suggestion will be gratefully appreciated

Thanks
Arnie

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
Here is my foray into vacuum refilling.

I subsequently found that my problem was that the sponges and filters were becoming clogged, and that vacuum refilling did not help when the problem was caused by a clogged filter or sponge - here is a technique to clean your carts if this happens. I now purge my carts when they become clogged and refill in the normal way.

Here is another article on vacuum refilling.

arnie920

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thank u for your reply! The articles you sent were VERY informative. I think you have the right idea.

When we first got the Canon, my daughters kept clogging up. I wont mention where I was getting the cartridges, but since then we get them elsewhere and have not had any problems. When they did clog, I used your articles to clean and disassemble the head, it worked!
Before I realized that it was mostly the cartridges that were giving me the trouble, I purchased a new print head. Oh well if I need it, I have one on hand.

I enjoy reading your posts. You and the members of this board have been a great help to me!
Thanks again, and keep up the good work

Arnie