using epson stylus photo to print only black

silii

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
hi
i have an epson sylus photo 710 which i use only for black printing i hardly use it for color. the printer refuses to print if the color cartridge is empty.
the color cartridges dont exactly come cheap and most of the color is lost in the cleaning cycles.
my question is since i use this printer only for printing black is there any method of not using color cartridges .
thanx

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
You could always consider filling the colour cartridges with distilled water instead but you should note that colours are essential for printing in greyscale.

If you want to just output black and white documents I can't think of any reason why that might not work.

Endmukbud

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Yup, you can do that. EPson printer were alll ink compatible according to my experience, one thing that you should care was air bubble. :)

Dan@blue-optix

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Does the cartridge have a chip on it? If it does you can buy a re-setter and just reset the thing whenever it shows as empty. If it doesnt have a chip, just take the cartridge out and put it back in again, the printer will just think its a new cartridge when you do that.

Dan

Latest posts