Urgent Canon pixma ip1800 help needed

janglymark

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Just got a Canon pixma ip1800.
The instructions are totally useless. Badly drawn pictures, and NO WORDS.

I've never set up a printer before. I managed to follow the instructions until it came to putting the cartridges in.

Can someone explain to me in laymen's terms (assume I'm as thick as George Bush - I'm not, I've just never done this before, so, need instructions in really simple terms) step by step, exactly what to do?

Thanks.

janglymark

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks for that. The only thing is...

This is the same Easy Setup Instructions as the one enclosed with the printer.
(Maybe they should look up the word 'easy' sometime...

Not that I have been able to download it...it keeps telling me that an error has occured (and, yes, I have Javascript enabled - I use it myself...).

What I want is idiotproof step by step instructions in words.

canonfodder

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I was able to download the instructions. There is some very long wait while it seems nothing is happening. I decided to wait it out and it finally came up with the instructions.

It seems that they did not include cartridge insertion and other beginning things in the operating instructions, so look at the other two forms. Make sure you don't skip the license agreement check off.

I have captured the cartridge insertion instructions from the setup guide and they have words and look pretty clear. I will send you a photo of that part by email if I can.

janglymark

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
canonfodder said:
I was able to download the instructions. There is some very long wait while it seems nothing is happening. I decided to wait it out and it finally came up with the instructions.

It seems that they did not include cartridge insertion and other beginning things in the operating instructions, so look at the other two forms. Make sure you don't skip the license agreement check off.

I have captured the cartridge insertion instructions from the setup guide and they have words and look pretty clear. I will send you a photo of that part by email if I can.
Thank you so much for that :)

Got your email & got it working in no time :)

John Markley

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I just bought the iP1800 and it prints ok on plain paper, but photos in color are washed out and blurry. I ran the print head tests and alignment seems good to me and the head is not clogged. I used both the supplied Canon "photo paper glossy" and Royal Brite High gloss paper, with the print instructions set to "high" quality. Neither gave a decent picture, even if run thru twice. Any ideas?