Time for a new printer & scanner...suggestions welcome!

Tullphan

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Ahhh...ok. I used to live in Knoxville as well...it was in 1980. My brother had a couple of restaurants he had franchised & I worked for him for a bit. I've been going to the Smokies, however, for over 30 years. Traffic gets worse & worse. I've learned to bypass Knoxville, though. We go through Maryville & in to Townsend.
Anyhow, back to the printer. It arrived Thursday & needless to say the person I bought it from misled me. They stated they just replaced the cartridges a month ago & that they were unsure of the ink levels, but that they had ink in them. Guess what? Black is empty & Magenta is near empty. I have no way of testing the printer functions, but the scanner works fine. In the meantime I ordered some ink cartridges & hopefully when I get them installed the printer will work ok.
I was wondering about refilling the cartridges. Does it require special cartridges w/a pre-drilled hole? Are they difficult to refill? Will the Status Monitor display the approximate ink levels w/cartridges filled by the user?