Though shalt check costs...

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Yes, I have discovered yet another law of doing business which might seem a tad obvious but when you barely get time to breath between nappy changes, yelling "No, HOT!" and actually conducting business, I hadn't found the time to check how some of the old inks were affected by cost changes... in... erm...

... before we get to the punch line, let's just remember that currency exchange rates have done this wonderful see saw thing with the good ole' British pound sterling losing value like a dropped vase at an antiques show. Then you have the joys of buying in new equipment, getting trounced by suppliers who've been hit with oil price increases (which affect plastic, shipping and lots of other unexpected things)..

... so yes, now that you're ready and raring to hear just how stupid, daft and painful this all is.

I didn't check anything for at least 12 months (probably longer actually)... and... *drum roll*

I've been making a loss.. Thankfully not so much on Canons but some of the Epson stuff has been costing me money instead of making any..

I think I told the wife while she was holding my son and I had a head start (yes, still alive as a result) but, lesson learned... and explains why a few prices went up a "bit".

There's good news too though...

Finally sorted out a bit of a problem with the KMP inks and there's a new supply of 220/520, 5 and Universal ink on its way... You spoke (or was that yelled?!) and I listened.. well, ish... Oh and costs for the KMP 220/520 is coming down! (yes I checked!)