The other Pixma CD-printing site

zakezuke

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hey guys.... some of you know me already, other's well I am new to the fourm.

Anyhow... I took the faq I constructed and converted it to html.

New additions

MP750/760/780... Sorry I would have added this sooner but the german on that page of the service manual was unclear about a piece of paper being required in the rear tray for CD-r alignment... I thought one would use the CD-R tray it self. Sillly me. The offical credit goes to rjwaldren on this who employed systran software for translation where I was manualy translating a word at a time. Needless to say he got the solution while I was only on page 5ish.

CD alignment... esp useful with your home made trays.. might come in handy if what I expect is true... that an a4 piece of paper is required and letter throws off the alignmnet by 1.8mm. Limited to the CD-print software.

Alternative software - Using a third party template with Surething to print on the pixma.
Links to ip6000 manual.

Future sections

Useful links to other canon resources for info.

----------

http://pixma-faq.cjb.net/ AKA the big one. Just about everything covered in Steve's Forums from Oct 2004 to present.

Not to be confused with KnightCrawler's. http://pixma.cjb.net/ His is the easy 5 step version.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Zake - We've talked on the printer NG - my first name is Burt. I am just sitting in as a moderator while Rob is on vacation. Not my usual job description!

Good info on the CD tray. Almost makes me want to go out and buy a Pixma printer. Thanks for posting this information. This forum is a much nicer place in which to share our printer problems and solutions. Too bad the printer NG isn't moderated as the highjacking that has occurred wouldn't be tolerated.

zakezuke

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
fotofreek said:
Zake - We've talked on the printer NG - my first name is Burt. I am just sitting in as a moderator while Rob is on vacation. Not my usual job description!

Good info on the CD tray. Almost makes me want to go out and buy a Pixma printer. Thanks for posting this information. .
No worries, knew you were floating around here somewhere. I got into the steve's forum a tad late to trully be helpful, so I constructed a faq to help save them from the minions asking the same question over and over again... followed KnightCrawler example for the free hosting. As long as he quoted me I feel no shame in taking his good idea. If need be I'll go with co/lo real hosting.

Gotta say I prefer the Epson overall for tonal quality... but I think i'll stick with the canons for the time being. The ease of refill is nice. My Epson refillables tend to make fountains.. i'm still finding ink splatters here and there.

Information i'm presently lacking is other cd printing software than the canon cd label print... and surething. I have issues with cd label print.. it acts like it's an old 16bit application at times.

Section 10 i'll probally attack tomorrow.... useful resources such as this place and others.