The cost of Filament

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
With the UK in Brexit, it’s not easy or cheap to purchase anything for the 3D printer there as of now, so I went looking on AliExpress and they are doing filament at a very good price right now..
I have already received 6 rolls and have 8 more in the post.. (Short delivery time too)

ender.JPG click to enlarge..

FryingSaucer

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX725,MB5150. 3D:Anet A8
Fantastic price for two rolls of PLA

Last time I bought filament, 1 roll of PETG RealFilament from Holland was about the same price in pounds as the two PLA rolls here in euros. That was before Brexit.

AliExpress is not now shipping to the UK from the link above. The Brexit effect is just as bad or worse in the UK as in Ireland.

However AliExpress claims to be shipping this item free to the UK for USD21.39 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_
Though I think this is an AliExpress store in France with almost no history so buyer beware.

I'm waiting for some PCBs I've had manufactured in China at the moment - 16 days so far, and I'll have to pay VAT on the shipping. The package has been sitting in DHL in Heathrow for some days.

I never use PLA, but I'm very tempted to order this filament with free shipping just to find whether it gets here earlier than my other package, (or whether it gets here at all). The only the thing that stops me is the environmental cost of shipping the filament when I'll never use it.

Last edited: