Taking cover off Canon i9950???

MrShades

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
HELP!!!

I'm trying to fix a 'combing' issue on my damn i9950.... basically all heads/nozzles are fine except for one, which is only printing half an alignment pattern... producing a comb-like pattern instead.

The first thing I want to try, after cleaning the head extensively (would have been odd if it fixed it, as it's a perfectly regular pattern), is to reseat the cables on the logic assy that drive the head.

Now - I've managed to get the two silver side covers off the flippin' thing, and also disconnected and removed the power/reset button combo.... but can't figure out how to get the main lid off (or what I need to do beforehand, without breaking anything!)

There are plastic sprung 'clips', obvious from the 'V' shaped arrows molded in the case next to them, in the front (one either side) and sides (one either side) of the main black cover - but depressing/releasing these still doesn't seem to allow the main cover to release.

I'm stuck.... Can anyone help, or point me in the right direction????

All other trays, covers, etc. not mentioned above are still very much currently in place.

Many many thanks for any and all help.

Shades

MrShades

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Done...

Think I'll just call someone that knows what they're doing rather than try tackling those cables myself!!!!! Might be money well spent, rather than me risking trashing the whole (expensive) thing!!!!