Strange stripes on prints – What is going on?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
More of an observation than concrete advise but I noticed that the ink connection system between the lid/tube-feed and the printhead tops was potentially prone to problems caused by lint, dust and other detritus getting into the connection point and creating an air channel that reduces ink flow to the printhead.

It's be well worth you carefully cleaning the top of the printheads to remove any crud that's built up and also clean and inspect the outlet ports in the printhead lids (the blue flip down lids to be clear) to ensure they don't have any crud or damage that might be causing problems too.

That's where I'd look... Good luck!

Paloma

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L220
More of an observation than concrete advise but I noticed that the ink connection system between the lid/tube-feed and the printhead tops was potentially prone to problems caused by lint, dust and other detritus getting into the connection point and creating an air channel that reduces ink flow to the printhead.

It's be well worth you carefully cleaning the top of the printheads to remove any crud that's built up and also clean and inspect the outlet ports in the printhead lids (the blue flip down lids to be clear) to ensure they don't have any crud or damage that might be causing problems too.

That's where I'd look... Good luck!

Hello. You know, this issue finally resolved by itself. So was it about dirt? Probably, I don’t know…

I didn’t print too much, but the times I did, it printed well. But now I have another problem: error 5012, 22 alternate light flashes, the carriage doesn’t move…(I wrote another thread about it)

This printer is quite fragile.