Some advice needed

Mowerman90

Print Addict
Reaction score
I have a friend that is continplating the purchase of a new Canon ImageClass MP4570DN Laser printer. His concern is that the replacement toner carts for it are apparently only offered by Canon and are in the $80+ neighborhood while only offering 2100 pages. He is not the type to refill his own toner carts but would like to be able to buy generic 3rd party refilled carts for less money. He's asked me for my reccomendations on this printer and I, while being fairly knowledgeable about Canons inkjet products, know nothing about their laser products. However, this being a new model, I believe that Canon may be just up to their old tricks offering a new model with only the toner cart being smaller and therefore more profitable for them. Anyway, can someone offer any suggestions for a Canon Laser Printer that will do everything the MP4570DN does with more easily available third party toner refill carts?

l_d_allan

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Mowerman90 said:
the replacement toner carts for it are apparently only offered by Canon and are in the $80+ neighborhood while only offering 2100 pages.
I am mostly ignorant about color laser printers (CLP). However, one thing to take into account is that the estimates of pages per toner are typically based on 5% coverage. That's a decent number for text pages, but I wouldn't think appropriate for photos. Also, does the CLP need multiple toners?