Refurb Canon 4200

headphonesman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
fish said:
Just ordered refurbished 4200 printer from Canon Store

http://estore.usa.canon.com/webapp/...ategory_rn=12054&top_category=12054&pageView=

Price ($34.99 + shipping ) includes cartridges. Although not a current model, this is cheaper than a set of cartridges! I was about to purchase a new 4500 as a spare because of the new models.
It is good to see Canon being consistent , here in the UK they also auction off their "refurbished" printers via their UK E-Bay shop outlet .
I know many on the Forum have also availed themselves of this economic way of obtaining spare machines/ ink/CDtrays/Printer Heads and chassis. I have examined at least 30 machines from this type of source and cannot say that the ones I saw had any evidence of even minor use.
I currently have in store 4 x 4200`s 1x5200 1x 4300 1x MP600 1x150 , all purchased for the price of the ink or less in most cases.
Their dispatch admin and delivery is perfect. I recently had a problem with a 600 and an engineer called an fixed within 3 days under warranty. The engineer also was unhappy with the PG5 nozzle check printout (a couple of spaces in the fence), and put in for a new printhead. This was fitted by another engineer 3 days later.
I believe that Canon use this type of outlet to get more ink devouring machines into the public domain , which for us is a good thing.
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Canon-Outlet_Canon-Printers_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ7QQftidZ2QQtZkm
As Fish says, with the new machines coming along with new cart design/chips , it would be wise for all who like to refill , to try to have at least a couple of the same machine on hand, the extra ink carts alone usually would justify the cost, never mind the cost of the print heads.

wilko

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma
I agree that buying refurbished & ex demo printers is often cheaper than buying replacement cartridges

I bought a Canon ip4500 from Canon Outlet (UK) on Ebay (41 plus 5.99 carriage). It looks brand new with a Canon security sticker on the box. Comes with brand new unopened printhead and 5 unopened Canon carts. I've got it as a spare. Cost of a new printhead and 5 cartridges in the UK would be 80 plus.