Refilling Dell J5566 for the 964 AIO......Control Chip!!!

rickphyl

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I will pay for any information on what has been found out on circumventing the Ink Management system on Dell's 964 AIO. They have made the cartidges to be used once....somehow either by software in the printer or something in the cartidge...... you can't refill!!!! It will not allow you to reset the indicator to Full!!! Therefore the printer won't work unless you buy a NEW cartidge.

Epsom had a chip that could be reset. I think there was a procedure to disable the system and fool the printer into believeing the cartridge was full all the time in LexMark.

HOW DO WE CIRCUMVENT DELL!!
Any info to be able to refill and reset DEll cartidges would be repayed in full!!!!!!

HELP

Paddy

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi rick,

Just because the printer reads the cartridge as empty does not mean it will not print. You can bypass the ink low warning by clicking "continue". I dont use these printers very much with a pc, just test them. I'm positive they work. I too, am looking for a way to reset them though, anybody?

Cheers.

zucccchini

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
AFter refilling my friends Dell 962 All In One, it will print but not color, only black and white. Both photo color cartridge AND regular color cartridge have been refilled yet the printer says needs new cartridge. It then proceeds to print only black and white. I have been informed that I need three different cartridges of each 'type' photo color, regular color and black. The software stores two ID per cartridge type. Inserting the third cartridge deletes one of the numbers for that 'type' and you can then fool the printer software into accepting the 3rd. If anyone else has a 'get-around', please post. My friend is tossing this printer and getting one he can more afford. The expense of refills for Dell Printers makes the use of the printer nonaffordable.

JudyW

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have an HP printer and one of the ways to reset the cartridges is to put a piece of scotch tape over a couple of the contacts. Here is a link that explains how to do it. http://www.misterinkjet.com/hp57reset.htm MAYBE this (or something similar) will work to reset the DELL/ LEXMARK cartridges. I just refilled a Lexmark starter cartridge for my mother and will try this tomorrow when I re install it in her printer.