Refilling Dell Black Inkjet Cart.

glassarm

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Initial experience in cart. refilling...Dell Color Printer 720. When trial cart. expired I started trying to refill
successfully. Long story short, these are problems I have run into.....
--cart. has small reservoir due to installed "baloon-type" resorvoirs taking up space...obviously !!
--refill seems effective thru the drilled hole on top cart. but dripping from jets seems excessive even
allowing considerable time for absorption and taping over the fill-hole when drip stops
--eventually, when cart. is reinstalled dripping having stopped,nozzles must go thru a clean phase
to obtain an print
--with better or best selection print mode, a good copy is then made
The major issue I'm currently dealing with is the "spray"[?] of ink spots noted on side of printer interior by the
cart. park pads [area when carts. park after print job is complete.] In my inexperience, I'm assuming there
is too much ink on the jets/nozzles such that when the carts. park, ink is being "thrown" toward this area.
I only print text [no photo work]black, and the printer does an excellent job to date, other than the price of a
new printer for replacement cart.!!!!! [OEM from Dell}. So far haven't located a source for carts. very much
cheaper than direct Dell. Not sure I want to invest in another Dell cart. if I'm going to experience the same
problems when a refill is attempted with it at some point.
Any comments about where I'm going wrong or in general would be gratefully received.
glassarm

Ken_CW_Honolulu

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Your ink overflow problems are almost certainly due to overfilling the trial cartridge. Trial cartridges have a VERY small capacity compared to a standard yield cart. Your printer takes the Dell Series 1 (T0529), which is already a small cart. Many Dell printers are manufactured by Lexmark, and well... they are very aggressive when it comes to preventing reuse, as you have discovered.

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
You might have an easier time refilling these carts if you buy a bottom filler. look for the one used for the lexmark # 16 cartridge, which is identical. Cost of these is $3.00-$4.00.
Ken is correct...these do not ho;d a lot of ink, and are problematic after 1 or 2 refills, as you won't be able to get much new ink in the cartridge.

Better yet, switch to a low-cost Canon printer with individual carts, as these are considerably cheaper to operate.

glassarm

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Manuchau ......thanx for your reply. Been offline for a spell but app. your prompt suggestion.

I recd the printer from my son who got it as part of a Dell purchase. Since posting I've experimented with a fairly warm water flush by syringe. Residue was wicked out and a small amt of ink reloaded. A slow reload and not sealing the fill port I drilled in the top stopped the drip and apparently the "splashing". All printing efforts have been successful so far. Reckon I'll attempt to stretch use of the cart. as much as possible since can't locate replacements less that about $30.

Again, thanx for your suggestion.
Jim

glassarm

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Ken_CW_Honolulu ......and many thanx to you for your reply.

I did quickly note the small capacity of the cart. and couldn't help but laugh to myself.....until I priced a replacement cart. online. To not be repetitive, you may see my response to another post as to how I may have postponed the purchase. Until I used the procedure mentioned I was unable to get a print but now each effort prints out without a problem and quality is acceptable for text even using QUICK PRINT. Reckon I'll just press the envelope and see how far I can make it last.

Thanx again for your response......Jim

Amo_123

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
:)Hi all.
I'd just like to share my experience with the Samsung SCX-4521F
Multifunction and getting it to
run under SuSE Linux 9.3 and 10.0. I installed this as a networked printer
using my Netgear FR114P Router/Parallel Print Server.
Installation was simply a matter of setting up a networked printer queue
and selecting the ML-4500printer driver and configuring a few default
settings, all under YaST.Networked printing works flawlessly.
Scanning/Copying/Faxing is not possible under Linux for two reasons. 1)
The unit has to be connected via the USB port in order for
Samsung's drivers to access them. 2) Not certain on this but I don't
believe Samsung's proprietary driver support these functions over a
network.;)

:eek:_________________
delia:lol:

Don't waste money on Printer Ink. Save up to 65% on toner cartridges, ink cartridges and printer supplies.
http://www.concordsupplies.com