Refilling BCI-15 ink tanks

Polecat

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Has anyone out there any experience with refilling the Canon BCI-15 ink tanks (both the black and the tri-color ones). I bought an i70 printer the other day from a local thrift shop for the colossal sum of $4.50 and the thing seems to be virtually unused. The ink tanks were empty so I drilled small holes in what seemed to be appropriate spots and injected some ink into them (Hobbicolors UW-8 for the colors and some Alotofthings pigment black that was made for HP carts in the black one) With a few purge cycles the thing was working and printing in surprisingly good color. The black nozzles seem to have some issues but hope prevails.

Polecat

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Tigerwan, thank you very much for your quick reply. I have been filling my BCI-6 tanks for quite a while but the BCI-15 ones are different and, because they are made of opaque plastic, I had no idea of their internal anatomy. The little holes I made in my tanks are easily plugged so those tanks should be OK. This little printer looks like a worthy companion to my laptop computer. I downloaded the refill instructions from the link you provided so I am now on the right track. Once again, my sincere thanks!