red HORIZONTAL LINES where none should be with epson photo printer

zvonkokracun

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
i think, mikling you are right. i will try trigger's cleaning method again, with the said materials. i am really grateful to you guys. i hope to be able to post the results a.s.a.p.
ps
just did another perfect print ( this is after 10 failed ones ) things are looking up.
ZK

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
You could also try compressed air and see if that helps as well.

John McD

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I just tried compressed gas per Mikling's last suggestion... My 1280 has stopped printing all together! Help!

John

Trigger 37

Printer Guru
Reaction score
John, The best success I have had with any Epson printer is to clean the bottom of the printhead with the folded towel method and drops of hot water. Try this over and over until you don't get any ink on the towel, then make sure you have good ink carts installed and do several cleanings and test prints. It will come back. If that fails, remove the ink carts and add drops of hot water into each print nozzle. Let is set for awhile, then replace the ink carts and do a deep cleaning and a test print. repeat this till you get some ink on the paper. The only other option is to make yourself some cleaning ink carts using old ink carts filled with 10% ink, 30% water, 30% Windex, and 30% Isopropyl Alcohol. Do cleaning cycles and only test prints,... no large prints until you see some ink coming out.