Received my Jon Cone Inkjet Mall inks & carts for my R3000.

Andrew1937

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Three days ago I received my inks and refillable carts for my Epson R3000 printer from Jon Cone (Inkjet Mall). I followed the simple and easy to understand, which was only a five minute tutorial on how to fill and reset the inkcarts.

I filled and replaced my R3000 OEM carts with my new Jon Cone carts & inks in 15 minutes. It's been only 3 days that I replaced my OEM carts with the new Inkjet Mall carts & inks but I have printed out close to 60 photos and a bunch of DVD's just to test out the new inks. The conclusion was I can't be more happier with my new Inkjet Mall inks & carts.

Naturally I made all new profiles with my Color Munki for my new inks which was no big deal. My black & whites using ABW are equally fantastic.

I have used only Epson OEM inks on my various Epson printers for the last 12 years. Their ink prices have become a little greedy, so I'm happy now I don't have to spend another dime for their overpriced inks.

Andrew

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
If you had not made a profile with your ColorMunki, how do the inks compare with OEM Epson?

Not familiar with Jon Cone except for an occasional mention. Sounds like you found a winner. Keep us informed how the ink and aftermarket cartridges perform over time.

Congratulations and welcome to the world of refilling.

Andrew1937

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I had made a bunch of printouts using Epson inks and profiles using Epson Luster, Epson Glossy, Epson Fiber, Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Pearl and Epson Cold Press Natural so I can compare. Using the new inks and using my old Epson Profiles I liked the new ink printouts better but that's only my opinion.

Making new ColorMunki profiles for the Jon Cone inks, the printouts I made struck me as being better than what I was getting with the OEM inks. The colors with the Jon Cone inks seemed to be more vibrant and alive than the OEM inks. Then again this is only my opinion. It may be that since I don't have to spend a ton of money for OEM inks the printouts with the new Inkjet Mall inks seem better to me.

Anyway I like what I'm getting and I'm very happy with my new setup. I've yet to refill a cart where I have to reset the ink cart which from what I've seen is simple and no big deal.

Andrew

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
It is welcome information your comparison of profiled Cone ink printouts, but I think you misunderstood my question. Some people may not make profiles with aftermarket inks, and this was the root of my question.

Did you make prints with the Cone ink before profiling them with your ColorMunki? If so, how did they compare to OEM Epson ink print outs.

Also, since you've mentioned profiling the Cone inks, what changes did you see between unprofiled and profiled Cone inks with the same paper, if you did this sort of test at all?

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
Jon Cone makes his inks to work with the original Epson profiles so I imagine they work really well without having to make your own.

bobjoek

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
I also recently received the Jon Cone inks and carts for my Epson R3000. Filling of the carts was easy, following the instructions provided and the video on the Inkjet Mall web site. Right now my R3000 is printing out excellent photos and I could not be happier.

Bob

FussyBob

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I'm surprised that most of you haven't heard about Cone inks in the US.

Plus Cone has custom ICC profiles for their inks and 3rd party papers for various Epson printers. Plus the gloss is very good compared to OEM.

Read this to get some insight on his new Vivid K3 Pro Ink line....

http://shopping.netsuite.com/c.362672/site/what-is-conecolor.html

Buy the new Vivid K3 line here....

http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.362672/sc.11/category.60872/.f

Jon, has published many technical publications that are great reading, especially his recent trip to China and how refillable cartridges all look alike, but their quality great differs...

Bob P.