Rand Artisan 710 out of ink, can't get rid of lines

Guysakar

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi everyone. We ran a 4 year old Artisan 710 out of ink (black and Cyan) and can't get rid of the lines. Also, we traveled about 6 hours with it (carefully) and it got worse afterwords.

I have ran countless head cleanings and even installed the OEM cartridges that came with it and ran a bunch of head cleanings with those. Still nothing. I'm guessing that there is air in the lines, or maybe a clog? I have only used high quality ink from Precision Color.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am at my wits end with this thing.

Side note: The printer is for my elderly mother and I do not live close by. She can refill the cartridges fine, but anything past that is a no go. I am here now for the holidays, but if this printer is beyond repair, what is a good, easily refillable printer that will give her years of trouble free use?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
I assume your nozzle checks also show missing lines? Install brand new OEM carts and continue cleaning as per:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supAdvice.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&noteoid=17567

Eventually the waste ink absorbers will fill and will need to be changed. The printer keeps track of cleanings and will shut down when this occurs.

The words "Inkjet printers" and "Years of trouble free use" do not belong in the same sentence. If you want that type of reliability, a mono laser home printer is required.

Wayne