question about refilling canon ip4300

noman

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Once some one told me that you can turn off ink level checking.If it is posible can some one tell me how to do it?
I am trying to find it but i cant.

headphonesman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
noman said:
Once some one told me that you can turn off ink level checking.If it is posible can some one tell me how to do it?
I am trying to find it but i cant.
The Ink Level Monitor can only be " turned off " (disabled) , when a particular cartridge has been deemed ( after the nozzle firings for that cart have been counted by the machine.) , to have run out of ink.
You are then given a choice, (via a dialogue box), to either replace the cart with a new, full (genuine Canon) cart or to continue to use an empty (chip now set to zero) cart.
In the latter case the dialogue box informs you that Ink Level Monitoring will be disabled. Those who wish to refill (and dont have a cart Redsetter), use this choice.
Ink Level Monitoring will be automatically restored for a cart when an "overidden " cart is replaced with a genuine, new , Canon cart.

You cannot turn it off if you are using normal (not empty) , genuine Canon carts , and you cannot stop the machine counting the firings when these carts are installed.