Put off your sponge !!! :)

Endmukbud

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
today i got a trouble with my XNU cyan just the when i print a large blue " Sonic the Hedgehog " poster. when the head should print it with solid cyan color, now it tends to be a gradient....on all page....i've do all the things i can...and i know that the nozzle was allright ...and it seems the catridge didn't feed enough cyan ink to the nozzle ( even if my cyan catridge are full )....then i had a crazy idea ( just in my mine, i didn't do it yet....without your suggestion " Forum " ) to put off all my catridge sponge and fill it only with the ink....since...the rubber on the catridge inlet will seal the ink and then i'll cover the breather hole with a thin sponge or create a snake pattern above on the catridge so it will make the ink little bit difficult to suck for the nozzle...
How bout that everybody .......???? :)
Sorry my english was bad :(

Endmukbud

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Yes indeed i know the name is spongeless catridge....
but there was no distributor of this kind catridge in my country...so i'm intend to make it
by myself.......or modificate my catridge......so i can use it.....like that...
I'm in indonesia
So i'm asking your opinion how if i do something like that in my catridge....
Btw since the BCI-24 spongeless catridge were really rare....
and it was not available in my country...

BlasterQ

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Well, that would be a tough one. Since the interior of the spongeless cartridge available in the market is totally different from the interior of a regular cartridge. Removing the sponge just by itself will not work. The 'filter' that you've described will not be able to contain the weight of the ink and the ink will flow continously out of the cartridge and create a big mess.
There have been a lot of research and trial and errors done in developing the spongeless cartridge, and if you can spare the time and money (on waste inks and modified cartridges), then good luck. Just let us know if you were able to do it.
The link I provided on the previous posts should give you an idea on what the interior of a spongeless cartridge should look like.

Endmukbud

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
thanks, for the reply blaster....
i think i'll gonna do it cause today i found a useless bci - 21 catridge which is very simillar to bci 24 i'll tell you what the result...

Endmukbud

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
or maybe someone could show me the picture of bci - 24 spongeless catridge.
The detail...like the bci 3 or 6 bk picture that has already posted before....
that would be very helpfull for me....
and other....
cause as i know these bci-24 also used in XNU series, ip1500, ip2000, etc...