Problems after refill Workforce 845 with RATF damper cartridge system

Wazzu

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Well, I'm back. I switched everything out to prefilled carts from Precision Colors. The printer has been working fine until today. While printing, the printer stopped and told me:

Cannot recognize the following ink cartridge(s).
Install them correctly.
<Ink cartridges>
C 127/126

I checked the cartridge, and it still had ink. I tried reinstalling it and got the same error. I had an old empty OEM cartridge that I put in and it seemed to recognize it (although it also knew it was empty). I then swapped it for the Precision Colors cartridge--which I had topped off, just in case--hoping it would work, but I again got the error message.

I tried powering off, and I tried unplugging.

Since two different ink systems are having similar symptoms, I wonder if the problem is with my printer?

(bobjoek, the air vent has been removed from the cartridges. The refill hole is plugged, however.)

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Did you try resetting the chip. When the chip runs down to empty, the message that you got will be issued.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
mikling said:
Did you try resetting the chip. When the chip runs down to empty, the message that you got will be issued.
No brainer that Mike is right as he sold you the carts but worth noting that some of the newer cartridge chips need to be reset in a more specific way than just "Remove/replace" or "Power off/on" so check the instructions.

Is this one of those cartridge sets where you have to short out two contacts on the chip for it to reset? (ie: stick touch both contacts with a paper clip or similar).