Problem with WF-7720 252 Ink Cartidges

Spacegeek

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF-7720
Greetings,

I have a problem with the Epson 252 color cartridges.

I started out with a loss of just the color printing in the WF-7720. I pulled all the colors, including black, and cleaned out the printer head. I put the cartridges back in and the black worked fine while all the colors registered as empty and didn't print. So, I bought a new set of color cartridges, put them in, and the color printing came back with the exception of some lines in the magenta.

I pulled all the cartridges out again, and cleaned the printer head again. And again, the color printing is gone, black works fine, and the new color cartridges are being shown as empty, yet I can here the ink in them when I shake them.

I have run print head cleaning etc many times without success.

Is there some issue or "feature" with Epson 252 color cartridges that force them to stop printing and appear empty when they are new and removed from the printer for cleaning?

And, is there a way to bring them back to life and work in the printer when reinserted into the printer?

Thanks,

Spacegeek

Stormlight

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro-100, 3800/80, R2400, 7880
Are you using aftermarket ink or are you using refillable?
If you are using aftermarket, make sure the vent seal are torn out.
If refillable, try to get cartridge without priming chamber. If you have priming chamber, make sure ink is always above that priming chamber! Also make sure the vent plug on cartridge have been removed!

I also have a WF-7720, and it has constant intermittent issues with ARC chip. I ended up buying chipless firmware instead! It was well a worth $30 investment!

Edit: I just found out InkOwl new line of cartridge EZ-Fill for 252XL are non-priming cartridge! These cart should offer similar performance to OEM. Refill before you get to 1/3 tank. Get chipresetter on ebay or aliexpress to if you want accurate ink monitoring! I just bought 2 set of 252XL.

Last edited: