Problem with laser toner... Please help

Gary Ambrose

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Dell B1265DFW
Hello, I have a dell B1265DFW mono laser printer. I purchased an aftermarket toner from quikshiptoner.com and after about a month of use it started leaving streaks of toner on the printouts like shown in the picture. Sometimes it was only on the front, sometimes on the back, or sometimes both. I took the toner out and looked at the shiny green roller (not sure what this part is called) and there was toner visible on it, and I know there should not be. I wiped off the toner from all the way around the roller and it printed ok for a few pages each time but the black streaks always ended up coming back. I called quikship and they sent me a replacement toner and after installing it, I am still getting black streaks, but only on the back of the paper. I am assuming that something inside of the printer has toner on it and needs to be cleaned. Does anyone know what specifically needs cleaning? Or how I can fix it so I won't have black streaks on my printouts anymore? Thanks so much! A google search proved fruitless in coming up with an answer.

Attachments

• 20150202_115702.jpg
    20150202_115702.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 519

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Look at your printer documentation. I don't know about other manufacturers, but HP printers have instructions for making a "cleaning sheet". If the cartridge was leaking toner you do need to do a thorough cleaning of the inside of the printer. Most probably the company from whom you bought the cartridges either did a poor refill and/or didn't replace tired parts. Laser cartridges have parts that can only be used so many times for refilling before doing a rebuild.

I'd google the problem to see if there is an easy fix.