Problem with Epson Artisan Power supply

alaa945

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hello,
I have Epson Artisan 835 which is 110V, when I traveled outside the country I connected it with 220V, suddenly there is much smock coming from the power supply and it is never working again
so what can I do?, can I fix it? and how?

thanks

RWP

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Is it still under warranty? Most warranty service departments would suspect a wrong voltage scenario when inspecting a fried power supply and probably deny the warranty replacement, but it might be worth a shot if it doesnt cost you much to bring or ship it to a authorized service facility. Otherwise, don't know how much a replacement PSU would cost, how difficult it would be to replace -- or if it is even worth it considering the fried PSU may have damaged other electronic components in the printer. Sorry for your misfortune. :(

Simon R.

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
RWP said:
...Most warranty service departments would ... probably deny the warranty replacement! ...
I had a similar problem and since most warranty services replace your printer instead of fixing it - they said it'd cost less and there are hardly ever spare parts, I think you are out of luck.
Still you can have a try with your warranty service.

Good luck.

alaa945

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I did it, I sent the power supply board to my friend he is electronic engineer, He replaced only one part from the board

and it is now excellent working.

thanks for your help

OutOFtheinkwell

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Good for you, everything is easy when you know how Huh! LOL! Outoftheinkwell!