Pro9000 vs Epson 1400 vs Epson 1900

Cymark

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I wanted to get some expert opinions on which photo printer is the best candidate for refilling. We are currently running the Pro9000 using refilled carts that we purge every 5 refills. We have battled either print head clogs or slow flowing carts almost on a weekly basis. We are currently using Precision Inks from Mikling which seems to have helped a bit since switching over from Atlantic Inks. We are currently printing 20 to 30 8x10's per day and swapping in and out carts seems to be causing most of our problems. (Tried a CIS System - complete disaster - air bubbles, leaky....never seemed to work)

My question is what experience do you guys have with the Epson 1400 using the Refillable Spongeless Cartridges system? If you printed photos daily how common would clogs be?

The 1400 is in our price range but the print head technology on the Epson 1900 with its ink-repelling coating on the printhead could be worth the extra bucks if it actually eliminates clogs. Does anyone have any experience using the 1900 with refillable carts?

Thanks so much for your time!

Mark

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
You should try to vacuum fill your cartridges. I have no problems on my IP6700 and Pro9000 with this method. Purge my cartridges every 10 or 15 refills, or when feeding problems occur.

Cymark

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hey Smile,

Can you send me to a link to an info website on how to vacuum fill carts...I have heard about it but have no idea how it is done or if expensive equipment is required.

Thanks,

Mark