Printing a Panoama

owley

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I am trying to print a panorama apx 13x45 inches. I am using Lightroom 4 and a Epson R200 printer with roll paper. In page settings I made a custom page of 13x 50 and in the print module it looks OK but when it prints the image only prints to about 5 x 19. Is there a way to increase this to fit the page?

owley

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
That should be Epson R2000

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
If you are printing from a roll and want the maximum capability of what the roll option can do, you should check out Qimage. It is supposed to be able to print as wide and as long as the roll length is. This will provide much flexibility in what you can do with the layout when using a roll.

Qimage.

In the meantime double check your driver settings.

owley

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I would have thought it would be some setting in the print options I do not have set correctly. I should be able to do this with out using another program, lightroom and the printer should allow me to do this.

tomv80

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Try to update your printer driver and software. You will find these things on the Epson website. That should do the job for you.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
owley said:
I would have thought it would be some setting in the print options I do not have set correctly. I should be able to do this with out using another program, lightroom and the printer should allow me to do this.
Going by your print problem I would guess you are using a Mac with your R2000 then youre probably right about the print option idea.
It could be that your software print set up is correct but the printer it is somehow scaling your original size down to 19 x 5.

Try after you have you have done your initial set up and you have set the exact size correctly just before your hit print button
to access the print option and double check that it has not scaled your print size down again.. :)

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
13x44 is what the standard driver allows. You have sized the image to 13x50.

To get 13x50 Qimage should accomodate that. That's another advantage of Qimage..full flexibility with banners.

On banners, many times the original image has relatively low ppi or pixel count when blown up. Qimage comes to the rescue for that as best that is possible with its reasampling technology.

If you're using a Mac, then Qimage would not work for you unless you install that thingie to emulate a PC.

owley

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I am using a Mac so I guess Qimage is not an option

owley

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Also I would be happy with 13x44. But I can't get it to print even close to that. I am sure there is something "simple" I am not doing correctly, but I can't figure out what it is. Must be some setting in the print setup I am not doing, or doing wrong.

owley

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I finally figured it out, thanks to something Mikling said and after a lot of test prints. The max length I can use is 44". I had set custom pages to 45" so it was beyond the max for Epson Printer. When I set the custom page to 330x1000 mm (13x40)it worked fine, anything more then that and it won't work. Thanks you all your help, it make me investigate and come up with the answer.