Printhead bad...Canon Pixma iP5000

cinnacar

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Out of the blue (I unplugged the USB cable from my laptop, and got the error when I plugged back in), I am getting the Printhead error message, one green blink, followed by 5 amber blinks, then green again. According to the Canon website, this is a bad printhead. I have already done the solutions on the Canon site with no success, and have also soaked the printhead as described here (taking care not to get the electronics wet). No luck, still blinking away.

So....hoping for some info from you guys here......

1. Where is one of the best places to purchase a new printhead? I have checked ebay, I figure that I'll be paying about $50 plus S&H. Any recommendations to a particular vendor that you have had good history with?

2. Any other tips before I buy a new printhead? I think it's a bit odd the way that it happened, I wasn't even using the printer when it started giving me the error message. Printer (of course) no longer under warrenty, have been using Hobbicoors inks (in this printer and 860s, connected to different computers) in their cartridges without problems for some time. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated. The other printers are working just fine.

TIA!!