Print Head Cleaning Epson Stylus color 1520

borgward

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I need to clean print heads of Epson Stylus color 1520. It sat up for several years. I cleaned them on a Photo 700 by refilling empty cartridge w/cleaning solution, and running the cleaning utility. Did not work with the 1520.

I am thinking of filling an empty cartridge w/LPS penetrating oil, and then running the cleaning cycle.

I used LPS to clean the smallest Rapidigraph technical pens. This was after soaking them in cleaning solution w/no improvement. LPS is very friendly to rubber, etc.

Anybody have a comment about this.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
No idea about LPS but you could do worse than just pop cleaning fluid in your carts again and leaving them for a day or so, running cleaning cycles every 12 hours or so... and then trying to print with the cleaning carts in..

As I understand it, it's pretty much a waiting game with inkjet printhead clogs and patience pays dividends.. but I'm no expert so I'd recommend you hit the comp.periphs.printers newsgroup and put out a call for advice from Art Entlich who is VERY experienced in the area of de-clogging epson printheads.