possible cleaning fluid alternative?

AlteredCarbon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Tudor said:
AlteredCarbon, what inks are you using? Inktec, for example, stains the sponge in the cartridge, while IS doesn't.
Does the mat stain the baking product? If it doesn't... there is a saying: "If you can't beat them, join them." Get your dye inks and paint something on the mat< then wash it and you get a personalized baking mat. :)
No, doesn't leave marks on the baked goods, thankfully. I wonder if I could pull that off... "No, really, it was a gift of original artwork all along". I like that idea! :lol:

I was cleaning a batch of cartridges I bought off eBay, getting ready to convert them for refilling. They were supposed to be virgin, so it was (I assume) original Canon ink.

AlteredCarbon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
RMM said:
I know that I'm kind of late to this party, but Windex w/ Ammonia has been the best cleaner I've used so far, especially when warm! It works much better for me than plain water, isopropyl alcohol, or anything else that I've tried.
Went and gave that a shot tonight before replying, but no luck. Thaks for the idea though, hadn't thought of trying that one.

AlteredCarbon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
fotofreek said:
If it was dye-based ink I would try the old standby - bleach. It shouldn't harm silicone products.
:thumbsup

I did some gentle stretching/flexing/rubbing of the stained areas after wetting with regular bleach. Not perfect, but almost imperceptible now. Thanks!