Pigment or dye ink for Epson CX5000

warlock110

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I was gonna buy a canon MP610, but the place had the CX5000 for 50 bucks, i couldn't pass it up. Now when i look at alotofthings.com they have pigment base ink and dye base, the dye base is a little cheaper but i was wondering if it's gonna work well. thanks.

Trigger 37

Printer Guru
Reaction score
warlock,... The cx5000 uses the T069xx ink carts. These are a lot different from most of the Epson ink carts as they have 9 pins on the chips and these can not be reset with the standard chip resetter. Also, I have not seen anyone that has been successful in refilling these new carts, plus I don't know what you use to reset the ink levels. Epson printer will reject it if you don't have a way of reseting it. Better find a place quick and buy some compatibles before they are totally gone.

Trigger 37

Printer Guru
Reaction score
warlock110,... If "Alotofthings" sells it I believe it will work fine. I was not aware of their own Auto-reset ink carts for the T069xx models. glad to know about it if I ever have to get one.

I just set up a customer with a new Epson CX5000 and this was the first time I had seen the T069xx product. Thanks for the information.