One tiny line keeps not printing

MichaelKnight

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L3060
When I print something with black, there becomes horizontal lines on the paper.When I print nozzle check, it prints almost perfect but with one tiny exception: One of the tiny lines is not printed right.I think the problem is connected to that.

I head-cleaned(via Epson driver/software) more than 9 times but it still keeps not printing that tiny line.What can I do?Should I continue trying to clean the head?

Last edited:

MichaelKnight

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L3060
Well, after about 15th head-cleaning, now it prints the nozzle check perfectly.I tried printing the same photo, this time I noticed two horizontal bandings.I did 2 head-cleanings more but the result didn't change.Then I changed "standard" quality setting to "High" quality setting and printed the same photo, this time without any lines,banding(I am using a plain printer paper).

So now my new question is, using "standard" setting(instead of "high") to print a photo on plain paper may cause banding, should I use "high" setting to print photo on plain paper?

Last edited:

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
If lines appear on lower print quality then the printhead did not unclog complete, there may be still some nozzles firing stray lines. Give printer a rest, perform few cleanings more and try again. Other than that a proper removal of print head may be required to soak and then clean

MichaelKnight

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L3060
Thanks for your answer.Like you suggested, after giving printer some rest and then doing 2 more head-cleanings solved the problem, printing the same photo using "standard" setting on a plain paper, this time resulted in a photo without lines,bandings.

Last edited:

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Good to know, thanks for feedback. Take caution if you decide to put wet paper towel under printhead that this is not safe as cleaning agent can get into electronics in some printhrad designs. Also material must not be abrasive paper towels are not safe, best to use microfiber glasses cleaning towel

Karen58

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 2710
Well, after about 15th head-cleaning, now it prints the nozzle check perfectly.I tried printing the same photo, this time I noticed two horizontal bandings.I did 2 head-cleanings more but the result didn't change.Then I changed "standard" quality setting to "High" quality setting and printed the same photo, this time without any lines,banding(I am using a plain printer paper).

So now my new question is, using "standard" setting(instead of "high") to print a photo on plain paper may cause banding, should I use "high" setting to print photo on plain paper?
Wow, 15 times worked and 9 didn't. I don't think I'm up to 15 times yet so maybe I just keep trying!

MichaelKnight

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L3060
Thanks for your replies.

Take caution if you decide to put wet paper towel under printhead that this is not safe as cleaning agent can get into electronics in some printhrad designs. Also material must not be abrasive paper towels are not safe, best to use microfiber glasses cleaning towel

Thanks for the details.I think I would do it only if I don't have any less risky techniques which I didn't try.

Wow, 15 times worked and 9 didn't. I don't think I'm up to 15 times yet so maybe I just keep trying!

I should say that although after 15 times it started printing well, after a few prints it "clogged" again, actually black ink almost stopped printing completely... I think actually the problem is related to black ink level, I still couldn't understand how I can "read" the ink level by looking at the ink tank, maybe I should open the ink tank and look inside.But I am almost sure the problem was(and is) related to lacking black ink..

Tomorrow I will put some black ink into tank, I think it will solve the problems.

Last edited:

MichaelKnight

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L3060
I wrote too early...I opened the ink tanks and noticed that all the colors were about to finish, so I filled all the inks in the printer tank.But still it prints the blacks very bad, like more than half of the color is erased...

I think I will do sets of printer-head cleaning again.

MichaelKnight

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L3060
Thankfully this time it took just about 5-6 head-cleaning to print perfect blacks.I think part of the problem was about very low ink level(though at first filling ink didn't seem to solve the problem).

Also while filling the inks, I solved how to read the ink levels.

Last edited: