New Printer

bluemarlin0316

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Time for new printer. My old trusty Canon i960 print head went south last fall, and the wife picked up a Epson C88+. What a piece !! constant cloging. Going back to Canon.
After reading some of the post here was looking for a IP4500 but cannot find. Can really use a muitifunctional, but do not like the reviews of the new MP860.
Newegg still has some MP850's left at a good price. I would really like some comments and input on this. Needs are a little bit of everything, Photos, Scanning ,Faxes & making up color fliers
for wifes job.

embguy

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Do you mean MX850? I cannot find MP850 on newegg.

I purchased a MX850 1 month ago.
1. It uses the larger PGI-5/CLI8 ink cartridges. It costs less to run than the newer Canon. If you refill cartridges, you can buy a chip resetter for around $20.
2. It does duplex copying. Save lots of time in copying double sided documents. The duplex copying/printing is slow. But it is still faster than printing both sides and collating the pages. The advantage is "Set it and forget it..." The duplex ADF works beautifully in scan and fax mode too.
3. I think the printer mechanism is the same used in the iP4500.
4. It has wired LAN connection. Every PC on the network can share the printer and scanner.

These are the main reasons that I purchased this AIO after my Brother AIO died couple months ago. I don't print photo with my printers. Hope someone can give you comments in photo printing.

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
For your needs, the MX850 should be the printer for you. Get one before they are no longer available. The price is reasonable, and you should have an excellent printer at a good price. You won't regret it.

bluemarlin0316

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Your right it is the MX850, I refilled my i960 and like being able to.