New member first post

Polecat

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello everybody. I have been following this forum for quite a while and I have learned much from it. Also I have a considerable respect for the quality and the knowledge of the people who contribute to it. I suppose that it was inevitable that I join.
I learned from this forum that the earlier non-chipped Canon printers are the "cats meow" (I bought an iP6000D) and with the help of really good ink (Hobbicolors UW8) and good software (Profile Prism and Qimage) I have finally achived the Holy Grail of inkjet printing for me at least-in other words my prints look like what I see on my monitor. I have been getting truly outstanding results.

jackson

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Glad to have you.
What was the learning curve with Profile Prism and Qimage and what scanner are you using?

Polecat

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello jackson.
I am pretty low down on the learning curve for both Profile Prism and for Qimage but the very fact I was able to get them work says something (about PP and Qimage anyway). I am using an HP scanjet 5400c scanner. I had to spend quite a bit of time tweaking the settings on the scanner to get scans that PP was happy with but I was finally able to generate decent profiles. I then tried (to no avail) to use the profiles with Corel Paint Shop Pro X. Frustration was building when I decided to download the free 30 day trial of Qimage and the first time I printed with it (using the same profiles I had tried to use with PSPX) I had some very promising results. After a bit of profile editing with PP I am a pretty happy camper. Incidentally I had also profiled my monitor using a Spyder 2 device. I don't know what the deal is with PSPX and profiling. It acts like it is icc aware but I couldn't get it to work. Maybe I missed some important step along the way.