New i960 printhead: no output at all!

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
To beschizza,

I bought a printhead from inksessories.com a few months ago, and the first print after installation would come with no pigmented black output.

Through the printer maintenance options on the driver, I ran a deep cleaning cycle for the black nozzles and the printhead worked fine.

That's the only time I found deep cleaning to be useful.

Hope it helps

OutOFtheinkwell

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Me??? Get a lexmark...never LOL I only mentioned lexmark because I was laughing about the ink cart costing more than a whole new printer. I love canons...and just bought a new( Old) in the box Pixma ip6000d because I can use the same carts . My old I960 will get all the TLC I can give it and hope to return it to duty one day soon! Regards....outoftheinkwell.

Trigger 37

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Outoftheinkwell,... I'm so sorry,... sometimes,... depending on what kind of day I've had,... my mouth(keyboard) gets in gear before my brain does. I think that comes with getting older,.... and seeing all the "Crap" that is going on everywhere. When I look back,.. things were so much simplier when I was 16.

Anyway, I'm glad your not switching over to Lexk%$3. Take care of that i960,.. I think they will become a collectors item if that already hasn't happened.

OutOFtheinkwell

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
No need to apologize to me Trigger. I'm 72 and I agree with you 100%. Things indeed have gotten way too complex and the games that are played with the customer in the interests of the bottom line are at times, disheartening to say the least! Whenever I find a company or sales source or a repair person that is straight with me I adopt them and hang on. I've given a lot of business to more than a few that we're like that because they are getting more rare all the time. I guess I stick so far with Canon, because they all have scams going but at least I get good prints and am learning to work around most of the scams. One day I hope these large companies will wake up and realize that when they give the people that buy their products an honest deal they will have loyalty from most. I know I sure appreciate and value that. Regards! outoftheinkwell.