New Feature Coming: PK Homepage With Include POW!

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
A quick update on the missing POW situation!

I've taken a couple of the challenges around the loss of the Picture Of The Week + our upgrade to the new forum software and turned them into a great opportunity!!!

Last night I just hired a developer to create a "homepage" for all my sites. It will have "featured content" section at the top with 3-6 items thumbnail items and accompanying short text description, and then a list of "recent" and/or "active" threads below that.

Each week one of the "featured items" will be a thumbnail of the POW, a text-snippet about the picture (who submitted it, etc.) and clicking the image will go directly to the post in the POW thread of the submission! That way, people can view the original image in the POW thread and hopefully view other images in the thread... and possibly be encouraged to submit their own!

I'll keep you posted on the updates. I'm hoping it will be finished in the next 2-3 weeks!

Thanks for your patience!

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Each week one of the "featured items" will be a thumbnail of the POW, ... That way, people can view the original image in the POW thread and hopefully view other images in the thread... and possibly be encouraged to submit their own!
New people, new images? Sounds good. 🥳

So far we have a new member Adam who has been posting his own superb images, though not in the POW thread. Our man in Wyoming has some competition. 🤠