MP780 Big Black Won't Print.. Please help me.

talstails

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been looking through some of the threads and noticed that others have had similar problems to me.

My big black ink cartridge from my MP780 will not print. Tried all those nozzle checks and deep cleaning.. didn't improve it at all. I get a big blank area where the big black cartridge is supposed to print in the nozzle check. I think I also get a message relating to Auto Aligned Failed or something like that when I try and align the print heads using that button.

I rang up Canon and they told me to take it to a service place but it will cost a fortune to get them to fix it and doesn't seem worth it. Is there a way of fixing it myself please? I've read about putting the print head in hot water and also stuff about the purge unit. I know where the print head case thing is but I'm not sure about the purge unit. I've also heard stuff about metho evaporating liquid. It has worked well before with waterlogged mobile phones haha.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
Try this trick. Replace your BCI-3ebk cartridge with one that is filled with black dye ink. Run a couple of deep cleanings then print some text. The clogged print head will clear up. But the BCI-3ebk has to be a good working one to begin with. Do a purging if you are not sure. Once purged then fill it with black dye ink. This trick will work for a clog that is dealt with early.

talstails

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
How do I get one with black dye ink please? I have tried it with so many new BCI-3bk cartridges. How do I do a purging please? Is that a hard task to do?

What about cleaning the print head with metho or hot water? Would that help at all?

Thanks.