MP730 bad nozzle check, is it electrical?

4tunet

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I gave this brand new MP730 printer to my Daughter as a gift about 3 yrs ago. It’s been serving her well, considering that she hardly ever checks her nozzle status before she prints, and the printer sits idle sometimes weeks at time, regardless what I tell her. I fill her carts with Hobbicolors ink using oem and Hobbicolors cartriges, replacing them with oems as I get extra ones. I use the same ink in my MP780 and IP6000D without any problems.

She informed me a week ago that her prints are not good and that the nozzle check looks bad.
Dad please come over and fix my printer.

So I ordered her a new print head just in case.

I cleaned her existing PH with Windex and rinsed it with distilled water, blew it out dry and installed it back in the printer. The new nozzle check still came out bad same as before. Now I’m thinking maybe the carts are not feeding properly. So I put in newly filled cyan and magenta and still, you guess it… No luck. :(

So now, I installed the new print head, gave it a deep clean, ran a new nozzle check and still no joy, same as before. I pulled the PH and checked all contact pins, they seem to be ok. So, I wander if it’s maybe something electrical.

Please any advice, I’m getting desperate. Here is a sample of the nozzle check:

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
It is probably electrical. The nozzle check shows a uniform pattern. But try to soak in Windex for a day and see if it makes any improvement. Infrequent use of an inkjet printer has again proven a problem to inkjet printers.