looking for affordable 13x19

drebel

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I would like to start printing large format pictures. this size paper is so expensive I was wondering what most
people on the forum are using to do this.
Thanks

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
Here is the paper that I use. It has a matte finish swellable coating for improved ozone fade resistance, but it can only be used with dye based inks.

on30trainman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Have you looked at Red River papers? Of course it depends on where you are located. I haven't used any 13"X19" yet but have used their Ultra Pro Satin in 11"X17" and am very happy with it on my Pixma Pro9000. The 13X19 runs a little over $1 per sheet in the 50 quantity (plus shipping of course). Sometimes they have a free shipping offer. Next order I make from them will include some 13X19.

Steve W.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
In addition to having nice paper for final prints, I found it necessary to have some cheap paper to practice on because often times you never know how a print will actually come out until you try it and you hate to waste an expensive sheet of paper. Also, I liked to print on paper 13" x 24" which your printer is probably capable of. So I found two types of fairly cheap paper to meet these needs. Both of them are 18" x 24". I would have to cut five inches off one side in a paper cutter. It took two passes. Here are the papers:

Canson Biggie Sketch paper is an off-white for doing test prints.
Bienfang Heavyweight Drawing paper is a coarse white paper and can actually be used for doing final prints.

I believe I found the first of these papers at Aaron Brothers and the second one at Michael's Arts and Crafts.

They shouldn't be compared to real photo papers but I doubt that you can find a photo paper that is 13" x 24".

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
ghwellsjr Also, I liked to print on paper 13" x 24" which your printer is probably capable of. So I found two types of fairly cheap paper to meet these needs. Both of them are 18" x 24". I would have to cut five inches off one side in a paper cutter. It took two passes. Here are the papers:
They shouldn't be compared to real photo papers but I doubt that you can find a photo paper that is 13" x 24".
If anyone is looking for photo satin or full gloss paper in large sizes and like ghwellsjr. have the use of a cutter; they should look to large format stockist for rolls in 24 or 36 wide. The price will be a fraction of the cost when compared to the high street sheets packs on offer. ;)