Kyson Vista CIS

shrey

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi

I have recently purchased and installed the Kyson CIS system on my Canon i9950 with their pigment inks. After profiling the various papers I use, I can say it works great. I not sure on whether or not the inks will will fade - it's too early to tell.

Since installing I have not had a single clog - even when not used for a few days.

I would recommend the system to anyone with a Canon printer.

The only small reservation I have is that very few people have heard about it let alone used it. Has anyone here heard about it?

Their website: http://www.kyson.yangportal.com/

Shrey

canonfodder

Printer Guru
Reaction score
shrey said:
Hi

I have recently purchased and installed the Kyson CIS system on my Canon i9950 with their pigment inks. After profiling the various papers I use, I can say it works great. I not sure on whether or not the inks will will fade - it's too early to tell.
Shrey,

I have not heard about the Kyson brand systems, but there are a great number of re-brand and re-sellers who are selling just a few systems made in mainland China. I have seen very similar pictures as shown on the website under other peoples brands. Notice that the website is pretty sparse, with very little text explaining how their systems operated.

Did you purchase the Kyson CIS with ink already in it?

If you did the first fill of inks, did you have to do any special steps to get the ink to start flowing?

Were there any special steps given in the instructions to help if the ink did not start moving on its own?

If you had any installation or startup problems, tell us about them.

Did you get help by email or otherwise from the seller?

About how high above the printer table do the inside bottoms of the CIS Ink Tanks sit?

If you had to do the first ink fill, I hope that everything worked "on its own" for you and that the installation went easy.

shrey

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi

Yep, the system was prefilled. There were air bubbles in the lines (as to be expected), but all I needed to do was lift the ink tanks over the printer until the lines filled with ink. On hindsight, I should have put the cartridges in a bucket or similar and not left them in the printer(!).

I did a few deep cleans and the printed using the MIS 'purge' prints and that cleared up blocked nozzels.

Their instructions are useless and I had to make my own support for the ink lines. I did get a lot of help from a fellow Kyson user from dpreview.

The ink tanks sit on a DVD Library case behind the printer, so it's about 1cm higher than the printer, so sort of aligned with the print head. I had to raise the yellow side of the ink tanks about 1mm higher to get the yellow to flow properly.

After profiling, the prints now look as good as before I installed the CIS. It's been working great.

I hope that helps.

Shrey

luvmycanonfinally

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have a Pixma ip 4500 with the Kyson cis. After the initial installation I had no real problems. Then after several weeks, I began having drips and skips. I ran the MIS purge pdf's, and what a story that told. I stumbled across this great website and started reading. After dropping the bottom of the ink bottles about 4 1/2" below the print head, it has worked flawlessly for the last month and we run the heck out of it. Also, the purge prints are works of art in themselves. I've cropped the purge prints so that an entire page is printed with just one color and they are perfect in regards to skipping, striping, and bleeding of adjacent colors. The key to my printer working as it should was lowering the ink. Also, as others stated, I had pretty pathetic service from Kyson. It took my unit nine working days to arrive and I got the same excuses. Although I didn't have any problems with the K4 dye inks, I replaced it with MIS dye inks simply because all I have read about Kyson's ink claims.