Is it really dead, or just playing possum?

easytimes

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
My Canon IP4200 has been the most used printer in my possession. It has recently needed a new print head, and I bought one for it. I moved it into the main computer room from where it was, and waited for the new print head to arrive. Today, the print head arrived, and to kick it off with a bang, I installed a new set of tanks... not refills. When I pressed the power button nothing happened. I tried several cable and receptacle options, but it still won't wake up.

Is there some way I might have damaged a connector inside, where the print head is installed that could have created this no power problem? Is there anything I can do, short of locating a Canon repair shop to get this thing to power up again?

This is a great printer that has worked very well for a good number of years... and it has been modified to print disks, too. If I could get it back to running condition, I wouldn't mind paying a reasonable price for it... but of course, I'd rather do it myself, if that's possible.
Suggestion?
Charles

ruffin

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 730
Check power cord again. Check power source, I.E. Surge Protector Off/On switch or reset breaker.
Try different wall outlet. Then look for safety interlock switch on printer cabinet. This disables power when printer cover/case is removed. Not sure IP4200 has interlock. If technically inclined, check to see if you have AC voltage inside cabinet/chassis. Exercise caution so as not to create short circuit or electrical shock to your person. Look for fuse inside cabinet, though may not have such. Perhaps you unplugged main power supply module. Good luck!

easytimes

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks for the response, ruffin. Alas, all exterior checks are negative. I even swapped cords with my IP8500... the IP8500 still worked, and the IP4200 still didn't. I even took the IP4200 out to the kitchen and put it on the peninsula, to plug into my new appliance receptacle, and it still wouldn't work.