ip4500 Printing CD Inlay Cards Please Help

dude859

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
HI I recently purchased a Canon ip4500 to print my album artwork on cd inlays as I have a small band - as of yet Im using silk satin 170 gsm paper which worked very well in my hp3600 laser toner for printing inlay cards - however the canon ip 4500 produces bad results on this type of paper - very inky - smudgey results etc - can anyone advise as to what type of paper I should use to get the best results for producing an inlay card - 170-180gsm - what type of finish etc - has anyone any experience of using same (its important that whatever paper I use that it doesnt crack when it is bended)

Many thanks Ro

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I couldn't be too sure but it sounds like you're wanting something akin to photo paper which should give you the same kind of effect that you're after without smearing, etc...

Doubtless other more experienced heads than mine will provide a more definitive answer though :)

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
Inkjet printers require an absorbent surface to quickly absorb the ink (http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=455), while the toner from a laser paper stays on the surface. Make sure your paper says that it is compatible with inkjet printing. If the paper doesn't absorb the ink properly, it just lays on the surface and can be smeared until it dries (which can take quite a while).