IP3000,IP4000,!P5000,IP6000D, or I960 (Best Photo's)

LinkinParkIM14

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Which of the listed would print the best quality photos? I would like to hear from anyone who knows anything about printers. I know the IP6000D uses 6 ink catridges, and the I960 does to. I know the I960 has double the nozzles of the IP6000D. But what i want to know, is which would print the best looking photos. The IP500 has 9600 x 2400, but what does that do for me? Also, it's only a five color printer compared to a six color. I already have a MP780, but would like just a photo printer. Price really doesn't concern me out of these choices. Then, the IP5000 can print at 1 picoliter compared to 2 with a six color. The IP series of printer have duplex printing, as the I960 does not. But if having double the nozzle on the I960 makes photos better, than that would ule over duplex printing. I'm just at a lost to which one i should buy, and will perform/print out the best.

KnightCrawler

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I'd recommend the IP6000D or i960 since you already have the MP780.

JV

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The best quality photos would be otained with the 8 color Canon printers (iP8500 and i9900) because grandad has published 14 high quality custom printer profiles for various inks and papers for these printers.

JV

zakezuke

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
LinkinParkIM14 said:
Which of the listed would print the best quality photos? I would like to hear from anyone who knows anything about printers. I know the IP6000D uses 6 ink catridges, and the I960 does to. I know the I960 has double the nozzles of the IP6000D. But what i want to know, is which would print the best looking photos. The IP500 has 9600 x 2400, but what does that do for me? Also, it's only a five color printer compared to a six color. I already have a MP780, but would like just a photo printer. Price really doesn't concern me out of these choices. Then, the IP5000 can print at 1 picoliter compared to 2 with a six color. The IP series of printer have duplex printing, as the I960 does not. But if having double the nozzle on the I960 makes photos better, than that would ule over duplex printing. I'm just at a lost to which one i should buy, and will perform/print out the best.
I'm not an expert in Canon technology, but near as i'm aware the ip5000 has 1pl nozzles and 5pl nozzles... which to me means you can either print in high quality finer grain mode, or lower quality exactly the same as the mp780. Someone who owns one and has more direct experence may with to correct me on this issue.

Duplex printing I don't find all that exciting. It's nice to be able to print and walk away and have a stack of 100p all in the right order, but you already have the mp780 for that. I tried this on the mp760... and it messed up my double sided print. I will not try that again.

If it wasn't for the fact that my main application is CD printing, i'd go i960. It's good, somewhat cheaper than ip6000, and has the very simple dual purpose feed that can old 4x6 and a4/letter. Handy - simple, costs less.

I have less experence with the ip8500, so I haven't even tried mastering color balancing on different papers. My first impression was I found it a tad too punchy... too warm and too blue. others with more experence with this printer might tell you differently. I'm holding out for more color refinements.