IP 1600 Free With Purchase of Any Flat Panel Monitor

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
I'm going to Fry's Electronics to pick up a couple of flat panel monitors and they are having a "special" that you get a free printer (after rebates) with every purchase of a LCD monitor.

The printers are $50 then $50 rebate. These are tri-color cartridge printers and I'm wondering what I should do.

What would you do? Buy and keep them, sell them, or not even bother getting them?

Osage

Printer Guru
Reaction score
No question about it in my mind-----get the printer---sell the cartridges dirt cheap on ebay, and turn the printer into this neat little flower pot you can display outside your house. Great little converstaion starter about why you should not buy a disposable printer.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Hahahaha.... Osage, that was perfect!

I'm still undecided. If it wan't a rebate I'd do it, but I need another rebate to deal with like I need another printer! ;)

Osage

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Sadly my last post must have offended some diety or another. Because my trusty 10 year old crt monitor died the next morning. Well maybe not totally died
but it got a severe case of the blues and a series of lines angled up 15 degrees from horizontal---the standard windows xp wall paper of the green grass hills
became truly bluegrass--with only a hint of green in the extreme highlight area.

So have been reading up on lcd monitors and decided to get that Samsung at Fry's on special--got there this afternoon and found that special died yesterday.
Ended up getting a 19" viewsonic for more money.

But I hereby resolve not to insult canon ip1600's ever again.

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Those printers are very inexpensive...Would be nice if people who had one would give us a review of it. Come to think of it, How about a "printer review" section? Might be useful for a lot of people here.