Introducing KeithM

KeithM

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson P800 & Canon Pro-2000
Hell all

I am new here, but not new to printing and photography. I have been printing my own stuff for longer than I can remember. I started refilling with my Canon Pro 9500II, and bought a Datacolor Colorvision device for making my own profiles. Eventually, when that printer gave up the ghost, I moved to an Epson P800 with OEM inks, which I still use. Recently, I was able to buy a gently used Canon Pro-2000, which I absolutely love!

I could not get a good profile from my old Colorvision no matter what I did, so I bought a new instrument- a Spyder 4. Well, that was a mistake! Finally after lots of reading I searched out and bought a new Colormunki. I have had such good results with monitor profiling using and i1 pro and Argyll, that I decided to not even install the Colormunki software.

I have, and use about a dozen different papers. So far I have profiled 4 of them, so it is early in my journey. I found my way here trying to learn how to know if the profiles I create are any good. I look forward to what we can learn together!