inkrepublic vs inkowl on Epson X800 K3 printers

gqdre78

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have a set of inkrepublic on my 3800, but wanted to know if the inkowl's any better, they are made in USA, whereas inkrepublic is overseas.

What I've noticed between OEM and inkrepublic is that the color are almost identical, but inkrepublic looses the glossiness compared to Epsons K3. Any experience with inkowl on OEM colormatch, glossiness, and reliability (no clogs)?

Other than gloss factor, I am extremely happy with inkrepublic's i-refill system with IRK4 nano.

Or if there's already a comparison, if you can point me to the right direction.

Thanks!

victor99

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I got my inkrepublic R3800 refill cartridges back to 2009 summer, and it is still working really great. I have just got their latest irk4 nano inks and it works beautifully. The inks are made in japan, quality looks good. My clients care about color match and they are very happy with it. All I can say is their refill cart is very sturdy and durable and inks are identical to epson's ones in terms of color match. Not as glossy as epson's but it's totally acceptable for me and my clients. Most important is its great saving. By the way, I think the glossiness is different from inkjet papers to inkjet papers. you may find it can perform better on other photo papers.