Inkmon software with canon ip4500

Ash

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
MG5350
Hello everyone.

Can anyone tell does the universal ink monitor Inkmon work OK with the canon ip4500? I looking to refill my cartridges and don't want to risk burning out the print heads.

Sorry if this has been asked before:)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Ash:

Yes, Inkmon will work with your printer and ANY printer that uses Windows operating system for printing.

The inventor, Terry, has/had two different versions - one for 4-ink printers and one for 5-ink printers. The 5-ink version is designed for printers with Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black cartridges and a pigmented Black cartridge. So, the 5-ink version would be the one to get for your printer.

There's a user guide I wrote on the website at http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/inkmon/. It is called "Stratman's Spin" (Terry named it) and is found in the "Files" section. Also, take a look at the "Database" section for data starting points to plug into the "MB/ml" section of the app. (In my version, "Mg" = Megabytes instead of the customary "MB".)

Most user questions have been answered by now and can be found by reading the "Messages" section. You can always post a question or comment in that forum as well. Inkmon works well, but is completely dependent upon the parameters you input. Be very generous in your estimates initially until you figure out your usage pattern. Everyone's is different, more or less.

pebe

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Inkmon has a limitation when used with multipurpose printers like an MP600. That is because Inkmon is blind to usage when copying - it does not print through your PC.